This statewide initiative provides breast, cervical and colorectal cancer screenings and diagnostic services at NO COST to women and men who:
- Live in New York State
- Do not have health insurance
- Have health insurance that may prevent a person from obtaining screening and/or diagnostic services
- Meet income eligibility requirements
- Meet age requirements
Services provided through participating providers and hospitals:
- Breast Cancer Screening (Mammogram and Clinical Breast Exam)
- Women ages 40 and older
- Women under age 40 at high risk for breast cancer*
- Cervical Cancer Screening (Pap Test and Pelvic Exam)
- Colorectal Cancer Screening (Fecal Immunochemical Test Kit)
- Men and women ages 50 and older at average risk for colorectal cancer
- Colorectal Cancer Screening (Colonoscopy)
- Men and women at increased or high risk for colorectal cancer*
*Only a New York State-licensed health care provider can determine risk.
📞Call 518-324-7671 to determine eligibility, enroll in the program, assist with scheduling a cancer screening, or with any questions.
🩺Many medical providers throughout Essex County participate with this program.
🔬🧪Many diagnostic services are covered when positive screening results are found.
The Medicaid Cancer Treatment Program is available for those who qualify.
The Cancer Services Program of Northeastern NY is coordinated through the UVMHN – Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital covering Clinton, Essex and Franklin counties.
Learn more about the NYSDOH Cancer Services Program.