CAN’T GET THERE FROM HERE? TAKE THE SURVEY AND TELL US YOUR TRANSPORTATION NEEDS!
Essex County Public Transportation (ECPT) provides regularly scheduled bus service in towns throughout the county. Connections can be made in Ausable Forks and Keeseville to Clinton County public transit buses.
Click on a schedule below to see the route, times and fare associated with each.
Veterans can ride for FREE to medical appointments on regularly scheduled routes. Just call the office at 800-914-9266 to notify us when you will be traveling.
Medicaid recipients may qualify for free non-emergency medical transportation assistance, but all requests must be made through MAS (call 866-883-7865).
CASH ONLY | EXACT CHANGE REQUIRED
EVERY 1ST WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH IS FREE! (excludes Shoppers routes)
- The bus may arrive at a stop before the scheduled time. The bus may not leave a stop before the scheduled time.
- Timetables are estimates. Weather, traffic and other circumstances may affect actual times. Please contact the ECPT office at (800) 914-9266 to find out where a particular bus is at any given time. Office hours are Monday-Friday 8am-4pm.
- The following buses operate Monday-Friday, EXCLUDING Holidays: Cascade Express, Mountain Valley Shuttle, Champlain Valley North, Champlain Valley South.
- The Lake Placid XPRSS operates 7 days a week, including holidays (weekday and weekend schedules differ; please see full schedule for details).
- The Whiteface Mountain Ski Shuttle operates mid-December through mid-March, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- The Mountain Valley Shoppers and the Champlain North Shoppers operate 2 Wednesdays per month, April through December. Please see full schedules for details. Reservations required.
- ALL BUSES ARE HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE AND ADA COMPLIANT
Questions? Call us at (800) 914-9266
How to ride the bus (things to know)
Assistance with special requests
Do you need assistance while traveling? Do you need to deviate from the regular bus route? Do you need help figuring out any of the bus schedules? Call us during regular office hours and we will be glad to assist you! Call (800) 914-9266.
Bus Drivers needed – please contact Doreen Abrahamsen at ECPT for more information (518) 873-3689
Title VI Notice
Essex County Public Transit operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, or national origin in accordance with Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. To find out more about our nondiscrimination obligations, to file a complaint, or request this information in another language, please contact us at (800) 914-9266.
Masks are required on all public transportation
New York State requires all passengers to wear a mask while riding public transit until further notice. Please visit the New York State Department of Health for the most up-to-date information.
Governor Hochul signed into law a Young Adult CDL Class A Program. This program, which is effective on May 14th, 2022, will enable 18-20 year old drivers to qualify for a Class A Commercial Driver License for intrastate operation. For more information, visit the New York DMV website.
Get in touch
PO Box 217
Elizabethtown, NY 12932
Phone : + 1 800 914 9266
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
MON-FRI 8:00am – 4:30pm
SAT-SUN Office Closed
HOLIDAYS Office Closed