Prepare Now. Learn How.
Our Required Activities
A component of local health department responsibility to promote and protect the health of their residents is the planning for and responding to health emergencies. Emergencies may be naturally occurring, accidents or deliberate acts. Examples include:
✅ Communicable Disease Outbreak (such as pandemic flu, pertussis, Hep A, etc.)
✅ Natural Disaster (such as super storms or hurricanes)
✅ Bioterrorism Incident (such as anthrax or smallpox)
✅ Radiological Disaster (such as a dirty bomb or nuclear accident)
Our program ensures the:
- maintenance of an All Hazards Preparedness and Response Plan;
- readiness to provide medical countermeasures to the public;
- training & education of staff and community partners;
- participation & implementation of drills & exercises; and
- response to actual public health emergencies and support of other emergencies as appropriate.
Our work is accomplished largely through partnerships with Government-local, state & federal; Hospitals; and Community Based Organizations.
How Can you Help Your Community in an Emergency?
Consider joining Essex County Medical Reserve Corps
Essex County MRC is part of a national network of medical and non-medical volunteers.
MRC activities are categorized as:
Public Health Promotion
Community Outreach, Clinics, Education, etc. AND
Emergency Preparedness & Response
Training, Drills/Exercises; Real World Event Responses
We typically operate within Essex Count, however we may be activated regionally if requested.